If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section.
- How do we collect information?
- What types of information do we collect?
- Information we collect automatically
- Information we collect on behalf of our clients
- How do we use your information?
- How do we disclose information?
- Tracking technologies
- Other services
- Analytics and advertising
- Your choices
- How to opt-out
- How is information protected?
- International transfers
- Special note about children
- Contact us
How do we collect information?
The following are examples of the ways we collect information about you:
- Through your survey responses in connection with market research conducted by CarCostSavings.com or commissioned by one of our enterprise customers.
- Through your use of our websites, including com.
- Through your use of our mobile apps, including the CarCostSavings.com MarketValues, CarCostSavings.com PIN and CarCostSavings.com Events.
- Through phone calls, emails and/or other forms of communications with you.
- From other sources, including automobile dealers with whom we have contractual relationships, and other third party sources that are part of our Power Information Network (PIN) operations. We collect, and in the last 12 months we have collected, information from the following sources:
- affiliates with your consent or where we act as their service provider,
- clients who ask us to process personal information on their behalf,
- service providers acting on our behalf,
- social media platforms where you choose to interact with us or through tools provided by these platforms,
- automobile dealers with whom we have contractual relationships, as noted above,
- data brokers from which we purchase demographic, location and other data to supplement the data we collect,
- partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities, and
- demographic or aggregate information from publicly available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
What types of information do we collect?
The information we collect sometimes includes information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. The categories of information we collect about you, and have collected about you in the last 12 months, include the following:
- Identity information,including your first name and last name.
- Demographic information,including date of birth, gender, country, and other demographics.
- Contact information,including your address, email address and phone number.
- Credentials and Authentication Information,including your username, password, password hints, and other information for authentication and account access.
- Payment Data,including payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
- Vehicle transaction and service information,including your vehicle identification number, make and model of vehicle purchased, leased or serviced, and details of purchase transaction, including lease and finance information collected as part of our PIN operations.
- Profile Data,including interests, favorites, and other profile data.
- Contentthat you create, load, or share on the Service, such as survey responses, recordings, photos, videos and product reviews.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information we collect automatically
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect, and have collected in the last 12 months, include the following:
- Service Use Data.We collect data about how you use the Service and interact with us, such as the features you use, the pages you visit, the e-mails, content and ads you view, the products you purchase and consider, the time of day you browse, your referring and exiting pages, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data.We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your device’s regional and language settings, your IP address, MAC address, device advertising ID (e.g., IDFA or AAID), other device identifiers, device carrier, time zone, network status, browser identifier, location, internet service provider, operating system and other information that alone or in combination may be used to uniquely identify your device or computer.
- Location Data.We collect data about your device’s location.
Information we collect on behalf of our clients.
How do we use your information?
- manage the Service.
- perform services requested by you and provide customer service.
- conduct market research into consumer preferences and attitudes around a variety of products and services, including surveys.
- verify consumer responses if needed to ensure the accuracy of our research.
- enter you for a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion.
- share your product reviews on the Service and on other services.
- communicate with you, including to respond to inquiries.
- process payment information for your purchases.
- manage our contractual relationship with you.
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- link or combine your information with other information we get from other sources.
- create data for analytics, segmentation for personalized advertising, or statistical market models.
- develop and send you direct marketing for products and services including ads and communications about our and other entity products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
- serve advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other services.
- enhance security, monitor and verify identity or service access, combat spam or other malware or security risks.
- conduct audits, collect and assess feedback, identify usage trends, measure ad effectiveness and evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing and client relationships.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law.
How do we disclose information?
- With our service providersas necessary to enable them to provide services to us. Examples include service providers who help with marketing, billing, accounting, processing credit card payments, data analysis, data matching, technical support and customer service. Service providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes except as prohibited by applicable law.
- With our partnersthat are engaged in joint sales or product promotions. We also allow certain partners to integrate components of our services into their own websites and apps. Please be aware that we do not control our business partners’ use of such information. Our partners are responsible for managing their own use of the information collected in these circumstances. We recommend you review the privacy policies of the relevant partner to find out more about their handling of your personal data.
- With vendors and other entities,such as ad networks and analytics providers, in connection with tailoring ads, measuring and improving our Service and advertising effectiveness. These entities may act as our service providers or, in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising ” section below.
- With our clientsin connection with our processing of your information on their behalf or to provide them with our products or services. For example, we disclose your information with our clients to conduct market research services, respond to your questions and comments, comply with your requests, market and advertise to you, and otherwise comply with applicable law.
- When you voluntarily enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, we disclose information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Facilitating Requests.We disclose information at your direction, such as when you request that we disclose your interest in a vehicle with a dealership or when you request that our clients disclose your interest in a service with a third party, such as an after-market warranty service provider.
- We may disclose your information with notice to you and with your express consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may disclose aggregated information which does not identify you (or de-identified information about you) with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
We use various technologies to collect the information identified above under the “Information we collect automatically” section (“Tracking Technologies”), including the following:
Mobile identifiers and SDKsWe also use, or partner with clients or service providers that use, mobile SDKs to collect information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), and information connected to how mobile devices interact with our websites or services. The SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services to be implemented. We use this technology to analyze or measure certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. If you’d like to opt-out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please follow the instructions in the below section titled “Your AdChoices”.
Location-Identifying technologiesGPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and other location-aware technologies may be used to collect precise location data when you enable location-based services through your device. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
Some information about your use of the Service and other services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and other entities for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and other services and more efficiently analyze online or offline consumers.
Analytics and advertising
Our Service contains Tracking Technologies owned and operated by other entities. For example, we use Tracking Technologies from analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistical reports on the Service’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. We also work with ad serving services, advertisers, and other entities to serve ads on the Service and/or on other services (“Interest-based Advertising”). These entities may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and on other services to track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and other services or third party devices after you have left the Service.
We serve ads on and through other services, such as Facebook and Google, that are targeted to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Service or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”).
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Service and your rights and choices regarding analytics, Interest-based Advertising, and Matched Ads, please see the “Information Collected Automatically” and “Your Choices” sections.
Tracking technology choices.Cookies and Pixels. As discussed above, most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
App Technologies. You can reset your device advertising Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app.
Location-Identifying Technologies. The location data collected through an app depends on your device settings and app permissions. You can exercise choice over the location data collected through our apps by (i) for GPS data, disabling location in your device settings or disabling location permissions to that app; (ii) for Bluetooth data, disabling Bluetooth and any Bluetooth scanning option in your device settings; or (iii) for WiFi data, disabling WiFi and any WiFi scanning option in your device settings. You can stop collection of all location data via an app by uninstalling the app.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
Google analyticsYou can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Your AdChoicesCarCostSavings.com participates in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. Some of the entities that collect information from or about you on the Service also participate in the DAA program. The DAA program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit (i) for website opt-out, aboutads.info/choices and (ii) for mobile app opt-out, aboutads.info/appchoices.
To learn more about your EU Online Choices, please visit youronlinechoices.eu. Opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks).
You can opt-out of us using your data for Matched Ads by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying that you wish to opt out of matched ads. We will request that the service not serve you matched ads based on information we provide to it. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable technology service to opt out.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving online behavioral advertising to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt-out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices)
Please note that if you opt-out of online behavioral advertising using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt-out options or programs offered by other entities or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
How to opt-out
EmailYou have the right to opt-out of any marketing or survey communications from CarCostSavings.com.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails or surveys from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails or surveys, clicking on the unsubscribe link, or e-mailing us at the e-mail address set forth in the “Contact Us” section with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional e-mails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or CarCostSavings.com’s ongoing business relations.
Text messages and phone calls.When you complete a market research survey, we may request your phone number. If you give us your phone number or if you shared your phone number with one of our market research clients, you consent that we and/or our service providers may, from time to time, call or text you on your cell phone (using predictive dialers and/or Automatic Telephone Dialing Systems – and, also, pre-recorded calls in the case of phone calls) for market research surveys, to provide reminders, or to offer you additional survey opportunities.
You can opt-out of receiving text messages or calls to your phone number at any time by (i) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message you receive from us or contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages; and (ii) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section and specifying you want to opt-out of calls.
How is information protected?
We take appropriate steps including physical, technical, human and organizational measures designed to help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Special note about children
Our Service is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect information from children as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act “(COPPA”) or other applicable law. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section.
Address: Privacy Official
MyAdsMantra Global Private Limited
710, 8th Floor, Westend Mall,
Janakpuri District Center
New Delhi 110058, IN